For the first time I’ve been nominated for a blog award! This is a really big deal for me as I’ve never been nominated for anything before so when I heard that I was nominated by Dust Jackets, Worn Pages, and Beautiful Stories, I felt honoured and excited. However I like to apologize for the delay of posting this so late as it’s been 3 months since I heard the news, and I was completely busy with work and other personal things that I forgot to make a post about this. This post is long overdue and I apologize profusely for posting this so late. =(
After doing some online research and reading over Evie’s post from Dust Jackets, Word Pages, and Beautiful Stories, the Liebster Award is for bloggers to nominate other bloggers creating a chain that requires your nominees to answer questions so that we can learn a little more about each other. The rules are:
1. Thank and link the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer their 11 questions
3. Nominate 11 bloggers who have less then 200 followers and link them
4. Have your nominees answer your 11 questions
5. Notify nominees through social media
These are Dust Jackets, Word Pages, and Beautiful Stories questions:
If you could pick any fantasy world to live in, which would you choose?
Hogwarts! It’s the first fantasy world I was introduced to when I was a kid and the first series I read that inspired my love for all things fantasy.
What’s your favorite fairytale?
That’s a tough one. I’m going to say Cinderella because I love how we see a girl growing from rags to riches!
What’s your favorite breakfast food?
What places are on your travel bucket list?
In order: London, Paris, Florence, Rome, San Franciso. I’m pretty sure there’s more but those are all the places I can think of so far.
What is your favorite TV show?
NBC Hannibal! If you haven’t seen the series, go and watch it! Mad Mikkelsen plays Hannibal Lector so well as he’s such a brilliant actor and he totally deserves an Emmy!
If you could eat dinner with anyone, dead or alive, who would you choose?
I’m pretty shy at dinner parties but if I had to choose it would be the Bronte sisters and Jane Austen. That way I can ask them what life was like in 19th Century.
If you were going on a road trip tomorrow, where would you go and who would be your co-pilot?
I would go to Victoria but I need a ferry to get there, and my co-pilot would be my sister because we never have done any travelling together before.
What book do you like that none of your friends like?
That’s a hard one because I don’t know what books my friends have read and liked. But I’m going with my gut feeling here and choose The Storied Life of AJ Fikry. It’s the first book that comes to mind and I’m pretty sure my friends haven’t read it yet. We each of our different reading tastes.
If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would do?
TRAVEL TRAVEL TRAVEL!
Do you have a hero? Who is it and why?
I don’t have a hero but I do have people who I look up to and they are mostly authors like JK Rowling who helped me discover my love for fantasy.
If you could be friends with a fictional character, who would it be?
I don’t like to be predictable but I would LOVE to be friends with Hermione Granger because she’s really smart and loves reading as much as anyone else I know. I think we might get along.
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award:
Here are my 11 questions:
1. If you had to choose two authors to write a book together, who would they be?
2. Who is your favorite book couple?
3. If you wanted to date a book character who would it be?
4. What is your favorite dessert?
5. Which fantasy world would you like to visit?
6. What is your favorite place to travel?
7. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
8. Is their a book convention that you have never been to but you would like to go to one day?
9. If you were stuck in a desert island what are 5 things that you would take with you?
10. If you were making a book time capsule that is to be open 20 years from now, what books would you put in?
11. Choose 5 books that you cannot absolutely live without.